What is the new Super Visa for Canada?
On December 1, 2011, the Canadian Government introduced the Super Visa that allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to visit their family in Canada for up to two years without needing to renew their status.
What are the requirements for the Super Visa?
- Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- Be found admissible to Canada; and
- Meet certain other conditions.
- Submit written proof that son or grandson will provide financial support and that he meets a minimum income threshold.
- Complete an immigration medical examination
- Purchase private medical insurance for 1 year from a Canadian company for at least $100,000 coverage.